Please send your resume to email@example.com if you are interested in applying for any positions listed below. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Data Center Technician
Located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, TulsaConnect was founded in 2001 and is the region's leading provider of commercial Data Center and Cloud Hosting solutions. We provide server co-location, physical/virtual dedicated servers, disaster recovery, a variety of managed I.T. services, and are rapidly developing our public and private Cloud Hosting offerings. Thanks to increased customer demand for our hosting services, we are expanding our Data Center footprint again this summer as we near completion on our newest, next-generation hosting facility.
About the job
This Data Center technician position is ideal for an energetic self-starter with a passion for computing, Internet, and server-related technologies. We are a 24 x 7 business, so you will be expected to be flexible regarding your work schedule. Two shifts are currently available -- 11:00AM-8:00PM and 1:00PM-10:00PM CST Monday through Friday, but some weekend and evening work is occasionally required, and you will be a member of the on-call / after hours rotation.Responsibilities
- Resolving technical, sales, and billing issues for customers via phone and e-mail
- Provisioning of new customer devices, which may include physical / virtual servers, switches, storage, and firewall devices
- Provide first-level response to alerts from our various server and network monitoring systems
- Provide escort into our Data Center facilities to our Co-location customers
- Assist with installation of customer equipment in our Data Centers, which may require lifting of heavy server equipment
- Occasional network cabling, including ability to punch-down standard CAT5E cabling and install RJ-45 ends
- Provide technical consulting to prospective customers to support sales efforts
- For candidates with sales experience, take incoming sales calls from new customer prospects
- You must be a computer geek
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to absorb new knowledge quickly
- Broad knowledge of operating systems, especially server OS (Windows Server 2003/2008 and Linux)
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and Internet protocols
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Honesty, integrity, and strong moral compass
- Microsoft (MCP), VMware (VCP), or Cisco (CCNA) certification
- Prior experience in the web hosting / Internet services industry
- Prior server management experience in an enterprise
As a privately held, family-owned business, we provide a fun, relaxed work atmosphere that provides you the opportunity to learn new skills and challenges you to succeed. We expect our employees to be self-starters, highly motivated, and require minimal day-to-day supervision. You will have the opportunity to learn from some of the sharpest network and server engineers around, and will be encouraged to expand your responsibilities and skill set.
No major travel is required, but you will be expected to drive to our two Tulsa-based Data Center locations to provide customer escort / assistance on an as-needed basis. Candidates must live in the greater Tulsa metro area and have a travel time of no more than 30 minutes to either of our two Data Center locations.
$35K - $55K base salary depending on experience, plus up to 10% monthly recurring commission on any new business you bring in. Health, dental, 401K with matching, and other benefits provided.
All prospective employees must satisfactorily pass a background check including criminal history, reference check, education check, and a work history check.Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying for this position. No phone calls or recruiters, please.